Here are 5 tips to start your nutrition overhaul!
- Don’t drink sugar calories
- Eat nuts
- Avoid processed junk food (… eat real food instead!)
- Don’t fear coffee
- Eat fatty fish
- Drink water, especially before meals
- … want to know MORE?… read this article from Healthline.com
The squat is one of the most important functional movements for lifelong fitness, especially into your later years of life. Please read the following article for invaluable insight in this full body movement! “Squat Clinic: Why Squat?”
- Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Complete the following movements 10 times each if doing it Rx or 8 times each if doing it scaled.
- Continue repeating those movements until time runs out.
WOD – Rx
WOD – Scaled
- WOD stands for ‘Workout of the Day’
- Rx = Prescribed/regular version of WOD
- Scaled = A modified version of WOD
- A folded up towel or blanket can be used in place of an ab-mat for sit-ups or you can choose to not use one.
- Resistance bands are relatively inexpensive and can be purchased at familiar retail stores such as Walmart or Target or on www.amazon.com, like THIS ONE that comes with a door anchor.
- Be sure bands are secured by an anchor that does not move, such as a bedpost or a staircase banister.
Mobility training improves the range of motion of our joints and muscles. It assists in improving our posture. Mobility training can alleviate ‘everyday’ aches and pains as well as improve our body awareness
Mobility also promotes healthy aging. … Benefits include:
- Helps to maintain the ability to live independently.
- Reduces the risk of falling and fracturing bones
- Helps to maintain healthy muscles, bones and joints.
- Helps to control joint swelling and pain associated with arthritis.
Mobility WOD – Desk Stretches
Set aside 2 to 3 times during the workday to spend 3-5 minutes stretching.