The Open is upon us! In just three short weeks we’ll shake off the winter feels and gather for the best 5-week-welcome-to-spring-festival out there! In the simplest definition, The Open is five workouts that you will do at Sona.
If the simplest definition doesn’t lure you in, then here are 8 other reasons you should compete in the 2019 CrossFit Open:
- Reason #8 – UNCOVER NEW WEAKNESSES
- Reason #7 – CONNECT WITH THE WORLDWIDE CROSSFIT COMMUNITY
- Reason #6 – BECAUSE YOU MIGHT SURPRISE YOURSELF!
- Reason #5 – TRAIN YOUR COMPETITIVE SPIRIT (yes we ALL have one!)
- Reason #4 – LEARN FIRST HAND JUST HOW GOOD THE TOP ATHLETES ACTUALLY ARE
- Reason #3 – DISCOVER ‘YOUR’ TOUGHEST MOVEMENTS IN A DIFFERENT CONTEXT.
- Reason #2 – IT IS SUITABLE FOR ALL FITNESS LEVELS
- And the NUMER ONE REASON you should participate in the 2019 CrossFit Open is… BECAUSE IT’S FUN!!!!!
- Read full article HERE…
Each week, you will have from Thursday evening through Monday at 5pm to get in the week’s workout. See below for a rundown on the three different ways you have to get your workout done each week and submit your score.
Friday Night Lights!
This year we’ve created a weekly Main Event – Friday Night Lights!
We highly recommended that you attend Friday Night Lights to get in your CrossFit Open workout. We recommend this because the energy will be amazing, the support will be incredible… and, an ‘After Party WOD’ of cocktails and food will surely seal the deal! BUT, we get it that you have lives and other stuff to do, so we want to make you aware of two additional options to do the WOD:
Sundays at 8:00 a.m.
For 5 weeks, our regular Sunday Partner WOD will be replaced with the Open WOD. Members who regularly attend Sundays can pair up as judge and athlete to complete the open workout each week. Which brings us to another important part of the open, judging…
We Need Judges!
If you take the judges course, CrossFit Sona will reimburse you $10 in store credit or cash, your choice! I don’t know that many other boxes offer this perk, but we feel it is important for our members to take the judges course, if only to learn how to better recognize a good rep and a bad rep of any movement!
Schedule a Time with a Coach
If neither of those times work with your schedule, you can set up a time with one of our coaches to complete that week’s WOD. However, we highly recommend completing the workouts in a class because of the infectious energy present in the group setting!
If you have any more questions, please ask us! [email protected]